Easing into Autumn

Saturday, August 17, 2013


(beanie, jacket, and button-up shirt from Forever 21, thrifted acid wash top from Crossroads Trading, bodycon skirt from H&M, boots from GoJane)

Usually, I dislike overcast lighting, but I think the lighting worked really well with this outfit. Summer and spring are usually my favorite seasons for dressing; I love wearing loose layers, light colors, and denim shorts. On the contrary, I typically hate dressing for fall and winter. It's always seemed cumbersome to wear layer upon layer, and, in general, I despise cold weather far more than I despise hot weather (Yes, I've been a spoiled Californian all of my life). However, this year, I'm going to try to get over my hatred of dressing for colder weather. One of the things that I'm challenging myself to do is to work on layering. I decided to "dress up" a typical outfit by adding a collared shirt between my khaki jacket and acid wash sweater. The baby blue adds a nice pop of color to an otherwise neutral outfit.

bloglovin
 | chictopia | instagram | lookbook | polyvore | tumblr

No comments :

Post a Comment