Snap Back

Monday, August 19, 2013


(baseball jacket and ankle zip pants from Forever 21, thrifted leopard crop top from Crossroads Trading, lace-up heels from Charlotte Russe, faux leather cap from Asos)

Looking sort of like a juvenile delinquent here with the faux leather cap and baseball jacket. I really like this jacket because of its unique color combination; usually, baseball jackets come in red, white, and blue, but this one comes in a beautiful forest green color. I decided to "glam up" the outfit a bit by wearing these amazing lace-up heels from Charlotte Russe.

Lately I've been extremely motivated to work on my blog...and my life. I've always been interested in personal change and transformation, but only in the last few months can I honestly say that I've experienced personal change through consistent effort. I'm still working on it, but I've really learned to accept life as it is without craving anything. I'm really starting to fall in love with the process instead of focusing on the results. This definitely applies to my blog; instead of worrying too much about what others think and trying to win approval from others, I blog for me. I blog because I truly enjoy it and want to improve my ability to develop a personal style.

On that note, I leave you with this quote:

"One does not have to be evil to be hated. In fact, it's often the case that one is hated precisely because one is trying to do right by one's own convictions. It is far too easy to be liked, one merely has to be accommodating and hold no strong convictions. Then one will gravitate towards the center and settle into the average. That cannot be your role. There are a great many bad people in the world, and if you are not offending them, you must be bad yourself. Popularity is a sure sign that you are doing something wrong."

- Adrian Tan

bloglovin
 | chictopia | instagram | lookbook | polyvore | tumblr

No comments :

Post a Comment