Diaphanous

Saturday, June 29, 2013


(studded vest and pleated skirt from Forever 21, thrifted tiered top from Crossroads, leather sandals from Zara)

It's been so hot in the Bay Area this past weekup in the 90s. I shouldn't complain though; I've always been spoiled by good California weather. Anyways, in this suffocating heat, all I want to do is lounge around with a book and some iced tea. The heat and humidity have motivated me to pick out some light and airy pieces, like this subtly gold polka-dotted chiffon top and pleated plum skirt. I like how the tiered layers of the top and the skirt underneath create a sort of drop-waist dress effect. I added a studded vest to make the outfit a bit more structured, and topped it off with some no-fuss black minimalistic sandals from Zara (my new favorite heels).

Interesting story about the title... I really didn't know what to call this outfit; I wanted to title it "light and airy" but thought it was a little too generic. While reading my current novel, Maya's Notebook by Isabel Allende, I came across the word "diaphanous," which means "light, delicate, and translucent." Perfect for my purposes.

Stay cool this weekend! I'll most likely be staying at home working on some projects with a tall glass of iced tea and a fan by my side.

No comments :

Post a Comment